Friday, March 5, 2010

So I've had pictures for a while but the only working SD card reader is at home and for the past week I've been ready to just fall down, not get online and deal with photos. But now it's Friday and work today is data entry and so... picture time!

The scrappy circle quilt is finally finished. I need to pick out about 8" more of stitches from the failed decorative stitch but by Monday it will be ready for Steve to give to his department head, the proud new mother of a baby girl.



I pieced the back with a row of patches left over from the front fabric. I love working with this white, it's so soft and it has that lovely worn feel.




For the binding I picked a fabric that doesn't show up anywhere else in the quilt but it made me happy just to look at it, and I figured that was reason enough.



The other thing I finished last weekend was my baby pinwheel quilt with prairie points. I snagged the pattern from the Moda Bakeshop and picked A Breath of Avignon for the fabrics. It's like this great summer pop. I love it. It's on the way to live with my friend Ronnie.

No in-progress pictures because I whipped it out really fast. Steve and Chloe were having some time with Grandpa and I was home with my favorite sewing buddy and we just moved really fast on some stuff. I guess that's what happens when you're not responsible for wiping someone else's butt. ;)



Can you tell that I love these fabrics?




This weekend we're house hunting so I'm not sure how much sewing I'm going to get done, but I love this pinwheel so much that I want to make it out of every fabric I have. My next one will be all oranges. We'll see how it turns out. If nothing else I can use it to stop up the draft under the door.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Melly! I love the fabrics in the scrappy circle quilt.

    xoxo
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mellies, I love this quilt so very much! Thank you for thinking of me. <3!

    xo
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melissa, from a Mellissa that gos by Lissa. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete